Thursday 5 November 2009

Brain in the vat

"Brain in the vat" theory is an argument for Solipsism. Solipsism - theory that we stuck in our mind. We can`t go beyond our sense impressions, we can`t share our ideas with others, just express them in our words. Language can be doubt with solipsism as well. As example idea of "fork" for me can be different from other people ideas.

"Brain in the vat" theory can be interpret like " some evil scientist put your brain in the vat, connected it to the supercomputer and my brain recieve the same impulses, like in body", like virtual reality.

Before invention of computer famous philosopher Decartes said that "it might be an evil demon, contrilling my experience".

Also Decartes decieded that he can doubt everything except one thing, that we can think. This is also an argument that we are. "I think therefore I am" Descartes said.

1 comment:

  1. ""I think therefore I am" Descartes said."

    Later changed to:

    I think. I am.

    ReplyDelete